theres a monsoon coming!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blatracer View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 776232

Online Status: Offline
  Quote blatracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: theres a monsoon coming!
    Posted: 04/Mar/2011 at 5:12pm
Alright, finally got notification that my monsoon is now off backorder, still processing but im one step closer to geting it.
 Im new to sailing (and to this forum) so i thaught id start off with something simple and the natural thing that all rc hobby guys have is 'what can i do to make it better' though in this case from what i hear its 'what can i do to make it work'!, anyway im keen to hear from other monssonist to see what little tricks they have come up with.
Kaffine View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 416496
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Kaffine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/Mar/2011 at 9:58pm
You got mail..

The instructions are fairly clear and if you've had any plane experience then you'll be fine.

I built the Phantom in a couple of hours the only drama was the lead for the Bulb. if you can get #6 shot (shotgun pellets) it will be small enough to get you your 1.4kg, if not there are other more invasive ways to do it. On my Phantom I split the bulb a long the seam (easy) cut some sheet lead  to fit in the bulb, this takes a bit of trimming and I got my 1.6 without any problems. Glue back together.

Good luck
blatracer View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 776232

Quote blatracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Mar/2011 at 3:01pm
thanks Kaffine,  quite suprised after opening the box compared to what i was exepecting, the servo tray was still intact, keel and rudder were straight, steel/plastic cradle stand (much better that the crappy timber one), the mast even has rubber grommets inserted into the stand offs to prevent frays, it looks like the keel mounting shaft is 4mm not 3mm.  the Sails look to be built well with collets and re-enforcement but mine did have a stain in it like oil.
 there are still a couple of issues: the rudder has poor throw (i can fix it with the reciever) but found it was quite tight and bound on the rudder shaft, cotroll rod is still crap, thats the first thing i need to mod with new rod, servo arms and probably a quicker servo.
 The manual is writen in well spoken english (not chinglish) however it was only half complete, instruction given for mounting keel, mast, and main sail. NO info on Rudder, Jib, sheet tension or balast.
  Still for for the money it is an exelent boat for learning the basics and messin around.
 Just gotta figure out this ballast thing, can someone advise how hevy the keel base will weigh if i fill it with #9 lead shot? its all i can find at the moment.
"BLAT" Brake Late and Turn!
10nemo View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 115704
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote 10nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/Apr/2011 at 8:05am
All the Hobby King sailboats are featured in a newly published eBook at shipshaperc com
It goes into Everything and is great research tool as well as a step by step how to damn near everything.
Kaffine knows all about it. some are describing it as a "must have".. Really?Thumbs Up
10nemo View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 115704
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote 10nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Apr/2011 at 5:15am
( Deleted by member)

Edited by 10nemo - 12/Apr/2011 at 5:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply