HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > Transmitters and Receivers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: How-to: Using your transmitter for simulator use
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How-to: Using your transmitter for simulator use

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
antonthe View Drop Down
Retail  (RU)
USERID: 1113720

Online Status: Offline
  Quote antonthe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Sep/2011 at 2:10am
for some reason, i couldnt connect my turnigy 9x to pc using audio cable. i followed all the steps of this how to. i get the electrical noise through the speakers, when cable is plugged, which slightly changes when i move sticks on my transmitter, but i get no reaction when i try to calibrate virtual joystic in windows or sim. any hints?
Fugitive_Bill View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 55382
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Quote Fugitive_Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/Sep/2011 at 4:30am
Antonthe,

Be sure to be using the following:

1/ RC Audio V3 - For testing the PPM/PCM input signal to the line-in/mic-in from the radio.
2/ SmartPropoPlus - Converts PPM so Mic/Line can read Joystick port
3/ PPJoy Virtual JoyStick - Converts Joystick port so simulator can read input from SPP

Something like that anyway..! :)
Takes ages of stuffing around to get all setup/config'd if you have not done it before though! :(

If you found other radios such as JR/SPEKTRUM/FUTABA work okay with your Simulators ( ie:FMS/RealFlight/AeroFly/Phoenix/MS Flight Sim) and the stock Turnigy 9X just gives 'noise' then unplug the TX module. But I'd avoid leaving the module hanging by it's antenna wire, just un-plug it far enough so the pins are not connecting.

I don't use my Turnigy 9X for the R/C Flight Sims, I prefer to save it for real flying and only use the junk Spekrum DX6i for Simulation.

B!
TRUMPY - It Came From The Desert... Who's scared NOW?
rcDawson View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 590194

Quote rcDawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/Jan/2012 at 1:52pm
Whenever I download the PPJoy, I cannot use it as my system does not allow unsigned devises to be used. How do I disable it? I am using Windows 7.
please help
jesper View Drop Down
Platinum  (NL)
USERID: 391790

Quote jesper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 11:03pm
hey.
if did everything but my controller will not work with aerofly
in rc audio v3 i see all my channels work but in aerofly and in fms i cant see my channels moving.. please help
jesper View Drop Down
Platinum  (NL)

Quote jesper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/Feb/2012 at 11:09pm
i connect my turnigy 9x with a audio stereocable. and installed ppjoy and smartpropoplus on my windows 7 system
jesper View Drop Down
Platinum  (NL)

Quote jesper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/Feb/2012 at 3:39am
anyone a idea?
nsferreira View Drop Down
Platinum  (PT)
USERID: 1263952

Quote nsferreira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/Mar/2012 at 7:51pm
Whant to try this program also with a SIM on a Turnigy 9X.
Can someone confirm is the cable has to be mono or stereo?

Edited by nsferreira - 02/Mar/2012 at 7:51pm
Zahid Rasheed View Drop Down
Platinum  (PK)
USERID: 784770
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Zahid Rasheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Mar/2012 at 1:45pm
Im using stereo cable and it work nicely

Edited by Zahid Rasheed - 23/Jan/2014 at 4:01pm
Zahid Rasheed View Drop Down
Platinum  (PK)
USERID: 784770
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Quote Zahid Rasheed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/Mar/2012 at 2:02pm
Hay Guys few days ago I modify my radio to ER9x and since then my simulator experience is flaw less, no trim issue. its now great going since then.

check out my rcpak thread regarding this radio. Thanks

http://www.rcpak.com/index.php/forum/85-air-radios-and-accessories/15275-turnigy-9ch-24ghz-t9xv2-txrx-info-a-modifications?limit=15&start=135

Edited by Zahid Rasheed - 05/Mar/2012 at 2:04pm
JamieF View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 931032

Quote JamieF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/May/2012 at 5:01am
I don't seem to be getting any signals from my 9x. When I try and map the inputs in PPJOY using the scan function I cannot see anything responding to my inputs, it just says cancel when scaning. Also, in clearview there is no movement on the inputs when I try and calibrate the controller.

Any ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>