Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mustang Sally View Drop Down
Platinum  (AE)
USERID: 52654
Hobbyking Addict
Hobbyking Addict

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mustang Sally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/Nov/2010 at 9:59pm
there is no such thing as a nitro engine, engines don't run on nitro!

Methanol is very hydroscopic, means it attracts moisture, due to this the residue of the methanol inside your engine will be enough to attract moist and start a corrosion in the internals of the engine. Using some regular oil or even WD40 does help on the short run, but not for longer periods, in that case the afterrun oils are better to use, because they neutralize the methanol.
For short term out of use like a week or two you can use nothing if you live in a dry area, or some WD40/oil/caster-oil. If you go for longer storage the special afterrun is recommended.

A minimal technical knowledge is required for this hobby; please ensure you know the differences between up and down.
Allan Texas View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 1210552

Quote Allan Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Jan/2012 at 1:49am
The best after run oil I have used is 3 in 1 oil or what used to be called sewing machine oil.
Great stuff for motors, 4 or 5 drops and roll the engine over and your ready for next time.
keel1 View Drop Down
Platinum  (AU)
USERID: 747352
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote keel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/Jan/2012 at 2:53am
Stu,
I run a few boats , all electric but they too are prone too stop in the middle of the lake. I use as a rescue craft a Hobby King 'Swamp Dawg' It is very effective , light weight and maneuverable. I trail a line with a plastic float attached and encircle the boat. The line tangles with the rudder and you have a tow. So dont be be too worried about breakdowns , thats just part of the hobby.
Good Luck and have fun.    Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12