HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > DIY > E-vehicles -electric conversion of anything
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Electric Mountainboard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Humboldt,Ca View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 240434
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Humboldt,Ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric Mountainboard
    Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 5:33am

Platinum  (US)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Humboldt,Ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 5:37am
Fried both the Sentilon 100A esc's at the same time trying to do a burnout. The esc could sync with the motors and they fried. One let the smoke out and the other just wont respond to any inputs...

Platinum  (US)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Humboldt,Ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 5:43am
I fries 2 of the 4 Hobbyking 150A car esc's. One went out on the front so i took of the front motors off. Then a couple of weeks later one fried on the rear so i replaced it with the spare from the front. 

I thought i fried another last week but is was just the HK-010 Power Analyzer fried, which made the esc stop working. I took off the esc only to figure out it was fine... I will be putting i back on now.
Platinum  (US)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Humboldt,Ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 5:46am
Sooooo much fun!!!Big smile
Ever since i got my first mountainboard, I've always wanted to be able to go back up the hill, after i ride down it. Now its a reality! Thumbs Up
Jony View Drop Down
N/A  (N/A)
USERID: 0
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Jony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 6:03am
Maybe HK brings out some ESCs that can charge the LiPos by using the brushless motor as dynamo... ;-)

Edited by Jony - 12/Aug/2010 at 6:03am
Platinum  (US)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Humboldt,Ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 6:12am
3rd Version 4wd (used to be)
Specs:

Motors: 4 Turnigy 63-64-280Kv (now 2)

Power: 1800-2000 watts peek from each motor (on the rear probably less on the front, when it had 4 motor)
8000 watts peek power total. 
Power pulling from batteries * motor efficiency * connector resistance  * chain drive losses
8000 * .75 *.95 *.95=  5415 watts of mechanical power to the ground
Over 7 Hp to the ground!!! No wonder it can throw me off the back of it!

Esc: 4 Hobbyking 150A Car esc's (now 2) i like car esc's so i can have electrical breaks 
(I don't really trust them though.... the motor's will cogg out on one of the motors if you pin it really hard, they both don't always start perfect.)

Remote: Spektrum Dx3s 

Reciever: SR3300T

Power meter: Hobbyking HK-010 watt meter (both of the 2 fried, i think i'm pulling too many amps though them, i fried the trace in the board)

Batteries: 4 Turnigy 5000mah 6s 20c lipo's

Charger: Mastech 600 watt power supply

Speed: 31Mph geared (my telemetry's rpm sensor fried, so no actual mph. I will test it beside my friends car, soon.)

Range:10 miles up and down steep hills. Don't know the range for flat ground, too boring to test. 
It barely slows down going up the steepest hills i can find. 1000 foot climbs in 1 or 1.5 miles or so.... 

Run Time: 20-30 minutes depending on the hills, but i always seem to get 9-10 miles distance exactly, no matter the run time, on the hills...

Edited by Humboldt,Ca - 12/Aug/2010 at 6:24am
Platinum  (US)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Humboldt,Ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Jony

Maybe HK brings out some ESCs that can charge the LiPos by using the brushless motor as dynamo... ;-)
I wish they would.... Hint hint. 

I know it is possible because if i turn off the speed controls, and roll down the hill the sec tries to start up. 
The esc beeps like its turning on and it feels like you put on the breaks. I was trying to figure out what was going on, the i realized the motors power was trying starting the sec.

There must be a way to make a esc act like a generator controller. Any one with info please respond, i would love to figure it out.....
Eric1180 View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 48018
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Eric1180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 6:50am
Wow you go through a lot of electronics....! Don't forget to recycle that $hit! LOL At the rate your going through'em i would expect to find lead in your water. 

I do like you determination Thumbs Up i would of given up at that point. There where 2 things i didn't like about mountain boarding. it was not having a break to stop Dead and the second was having to walk back up the hill Dead

Edited by Eric1180 - 12/Aug/2010 at 7:08am
^7\
Platinum  (US)
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Humboldt,Ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 6:56am
Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvzQm8fky8Q Following the school bus up hill

I get looks and hollers all the time while riding around. I was riding once, and a sheriff stop in the middle of the road with his hand out the window. I stopped and he just wanted to tell me how impressive my mountainboard was. He was all saying i should find someone to invest in me building a bunch of them to sell for summer.
Eric1180 View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 48018
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Quote Eric1180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 7:00am
Ps... maybe try to shorten the length of any wires as much as possible and add more cap's to your ESC. Capacitors...  you have long of wire going from the ESC to the battery add capacitors to the ESC on that side of the wiring. That should help remove any negative effects of having long power wires. Also Try to shorten the wire's going from the ESC to the motor's. In the last picture you crossed them because of there length. Remove the Excess. You also said you fried 2 ESC before because they lost sync and long wires can do that. 
^7\
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 24>