HobbyKing Forums
Forum Home Forum Home > Product Specific > FPV and Aerial Photography > Aereial Photography
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Getting Rid of JPG.COM video images

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lental View Drop Down
Platinum  (US)
USERID: 337860
Bargain Addict!
Bargain Addict!

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting Rid of JPG.COM video images
    Posted: 31/Jul/2010 at 11:32pm
I've been very happy with my turnigy minature camera. It takes great video and the sound is good except when its too close to the ESC. However, all of the images appear with a transparent image overlay which says PC VIDEO at the top and JPG.COM at the bottom.

No one has been able to tell me how to get ride of the images so I've just lived with them. I finally found a solution on the web yesterday and I provide it here for anyone who has the same problem.

The image overlay is caused by malware which came with the camera in the vieo card. Once it's installed on your computer it can, but not always, affect other videos as well. To clear this out of your computer do the following.

Go to your windows folder and find the System32 to folder. Inside that folder find and delete any or all of the followingt files:

pvmjpg21.dll, pvmjpg20.dll, pvmjpg20.hlp, pvljpg20.dll, pvwv220.dll, pvmjpg30.dll, and pvmjpg30.chm

My System32 folder had only one of the files but you may have more. Just delete any that you find.

Once that's done, refresh your images and the overlay will be gone. You probably ought to format your video card as well to make sure the malware doesn't reinfect your computer the next time you plug the camera in.

Hope this helps somebody.

Edited by lental - 31/Jul/2010 at 11:35pm
bigdaddy1962 View Drop Down
Platinum  (GB)
USERID: 445994
HobbyKing aficionado
HobbyKing aficionado

Online Status: Offline
  Quote bigdaddy1962 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/Aug/2010 at 3:17am
thanxs  
IF YOU CANT STAND THE CRASH , GET OFF THE RUNWAY
 Post Reply Post Reply